Digital Competition No 1
posted by Alan Copeland in Club Meetings
We were pleased to welcome a new judge this evening - Kim Tomlin from the Wokingham and East Berkshire Camera Club.
Kim had a very difficult job as there were 78 images to be viewed and discussed and then marked to determine the final winners.
Kim demonstrated a good knowledge of photographic skills and her comments were lively and positive showing us how our photographs could be improved by cropping, cloning and other imaging processes.
After a long evening, Kim eventually completed her marking and the final results were as follows:
- John Douglass - 40 points
- Tony Bates and Nigel Fenner - 39 points
- Geoff Storey and David Smith - 38 points
There were a total of nine 20's awarded and these were:
- John DouglassFace in the Crowd and Fairground Photo
- Tony BatesLynton and Lynmouth *
- Nigel FennerGlacier on Svalbad
- Danny CallcutGeneral James *
- David SmithChapel of the US Airforce Academy
- Rod Norman Tell me when you've finished
- Brian Jolley Tranquility
- Graham PiperReturning to Arran
Congratulations to John for scoring the magic 40 points and also Tony and Danny whose images were selected for Star treatment as the "Best in Show."