Rosebowl Competition - Round Three
posted by Alan Copeland in Club Meetings
We were the hosts for the Final Round of the Rosebowl Competition and we welcomed members from three other clubs who journeyed from Weston Turville (Imagez), Buckingham and Watford. Four excellent clubs bringing their very best images for scrutiny - we knew we were in for a feast of photography.
The judge was Gordon Roberts from Wallingford and he had a very difficult job in separating such a fine selection of images. He commented on the very high standard and, in most cases, found it difficult to separate the marks. The scores were so close that it was impossible to gauge which club was in the lead until the final results were announced by our Chairman, Alan Copeland.
The final scores were as follows:
- Whitchurch Hill Camera Club - 259 points
- Imagez - 255 points
- Watford Camera Club - 248 points
- Buckingham Camera Club - 243 points
Images which scored the maximum 20 points were:
- Titan Arum by Valerie Lapthorn (Imagez)
- South American Fly by David Dare (Whitchurch Hill)
- Still Waters by Chris Skinner (Watford)
- Dandelion by Pam Martin (Whitchurch Hill)
- Lilum Pardalinum by David Smith ( Buckingham)
Star treatment was awarded to Still Waters and Lilum Paradalinum.
Well done, David and Pam, for scoring maximum points on an evening when each club had at least one maximum points score.